Friday 1 October 2010

Change #21: Saying thank you much more

I am grateful when people do things for me. I am annoyed when I don't get good service or people are unhelpful. I am a great complainer. I do it assertively, not aggressively. Bad service or food is one of my pet hates. I expect certain standards and feel I should let people know when those standards have not been met. I don't look for fault, but when it is staring me down, I feel obliged to remedy the situation. When I receive good service I am friendly and warm and thank people. I do not, however, go out of my way to be specific, or to let individuals know fully what it is I appreciate. This needs to change. i love it when people praise or thank, especially when I am doing my job well. I have started to really go out of my way to thank psople who are offering me a great service. Do you know what happens? It makes them smile. Then I smile and we both have another one of those warm fuzzy moments. Try it, it's great! And it seriously contributes to changes # 7 and 8.
  1. No alcohol – Had an anniversary with a lovely special bottle of wine and thoroughly enjoyed every drop.
  2. Mindful eating – good food is so good, bad food is intolerable. If it's all you've got, make it as good as you can
  3. Daily body scan – this has lapsed badly
  4. Charity shop shopping – just don't feel much like shopping. The clothes I bought a while ago are great though.
  5. Mindful breathing every hour – this makes you sit up!
  6. Remembering my friends – and thanking them
  7. Smiling regularly – every opportunity
  8. Help if and when I can – I need to count the little things
  9. Italian conversation class – started and it's great, had a few chuckles too.
  10. Becoming a blogger – I love looking for stuff to incorporate, it's really interesting what's out there if you look.
  11. Writing 10 mins daily – feel something stirring that I might have to write down
  12. Drinking a glass of water every hour – headaches and fatigue, I am going back to this one
  13. Thinking about it, before I say yes or no – consciously aware that this needs work
  14. Having my eyes tested – still can't see through my new specs
  15. Walking in the fresh air every day – nope
  16. Pilates core exercise throughout day – again, it makes me sit up straight
  17. Listening to my needs – I need more water and more rest
  18. Mindful spending – found some great stuff on this yesterday, going to try and entice my family into a mindful spending week
  19. Neck exercises – not sure if it's working yet
  20. Accepting compliments – this is harder than it sounds, I rebuff them on auto

No comments:

Post a Comment