Saturday 9 October 2010

Change #24: Tai chi class

Way back when I decided I needed to seriously change my life, I asked for suggestions from friends for stuff i might do. My good friend Weije suggested a Tai chi class. I had thought about this before, and had it recommended by osteopaths. I had never found one near enough to make it accessible and regular for me. I told Weije this and asked for a DVD recommendation. He gave me a youtube link, but still felt a class with an instructor would be most useful. I took the hint and fished around, yet again for someone local. Another friend, Georges, suggested to me that when we are ready, the universe provides. And lo! There is a new class starting in Horncastle next Tuesday! Easy to get to, not too late, cheap as chips, go when you can. How good is that? I'm off....
  1. No alcohol – changed now to mindful alcohol. Also I'm interested to see what I do when I am out socially, and how much I 'choose' to drink and eat.
  2. Mindful eating – Good food counts, it makes us what we are.
  3. Daily body scan – Also aware more of how I am in time and space, if that makes sense.
  4. Charity shop shopping – all shopping needs to consider creativity, waste, need, quality and the environment.
  5. Mindful breathing every hour – I need to be more aware of this at work.
  6. Remembering my friends – and thinking of them often, as well as knowing they are thinking of me.
  7. Smiling regularly – doint it now!
  8. Help if and when I can – When am I helping, and when am I interfering? Good question Alic.
  9. Italian conversation class – Hoping to collect my cds at the library tonight, they have emailed to say they are there.
  10. Becoming a blogger – how much interesting stuff is out there? I continue to learn how much I don't know!
  11. Writing 10 mins daily – Looking at this today. Might shift it to 20mins alternate days.
  12. Drinking a glass of water every hour – this is so good for me. It even affects my pain levels.
  13. Thinking about it, before I say yes or no – and trying not to pre-empt the yes and no of others!
  14. Having my eyes tested – done, not sure it's helping.
  15. Walking in the fresh air every day – going in a minute!
  16. Pilates core exercise throughout day – Proably succeeding at this, at least 5-6 times a day, and my clothes are fitting much better. This is the best it has been since my 2 abdominal surgeries and I thought the muscle tone was lost forever.
  17. Listening to my needs –  I need to switch the computer off and go for a walk!
  18. Mindful spending – using the village store helps to keep you focused on essentials. Also it means I spend less on petrol, as the next nearest shop is 4 miles away.
  19. Neck exercises – good, and seeing osteo again on Monday.
  20. Accepting compliments – bring em on
  21. Really saying thank you to people – when I can
  22. Mindful speaking – more silence please!
  23. Applying for position of school governor – voting papers are on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment