Wednesday 22 September 2010

Change #12: Drinking a glass of water every hour

Pharaoh Queen Hatshepsut
I discovered some time ago that we human beings are made up of a considerable amount of water. Not surprisingly then we have a dire need to remain adequately hydrated. The common sight of people clutching a bottle of water, is outdone only by the even more common sight of people clutching and devouring fast food! I also learned that by the time you feel thirsty, you already have the first symptoms of dehydration and one of the symptoms that accompanies this is tiredness. I am always tired - it's part of my condition, but I also know that my condition involves my central nervous system that needs water to function properly. Enter change #12, and I shall be monitoring the effects. I am going to try, where practicable to drink a glass of water every hour and record what happens. I think it might help my skin too, because dehydrated skin really does not look good on those ancient Egyptians does it?
  1. No alcohol – still going well
  2. Mindful eating – sometimes I eat stuff i don't want, but at least I am mindful about it!
  3. Daily body scan – Feeling the benefits of this. It's strange, but I feel more 'inside' my own skin
  4. Charity shop shopping – nothing to report
  5. Mindful breathing every hour – it's as if you are outside, all over the place. Then you focus on your breathing and you suddenly wake up and remember where you are
  6. Remembering my friends – glowing
  7. Smiling regularly – I'm sure my appearance is changing because more people are smiling at me
  8. Help if and when I can – this may need another tactic?
  9. Italian conversation class – Buonjourno
  10. Becoming a blogger – Need to focus really and maintain some new habits. Enjoying finding links and piccies.
  11. Writing 10 mins daily – I guess my blog counts, but I am doing much more on some days too.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment