Friday 24 September 2010

Change #14: Having my eyes tested

I love to read and write. I spend much of my working day reading and writing. I spend much of my own time reading and writing. Very recently I have discovered I am having some considerable trouble seeing to read and write. I have been wearing glasses for reading and writing since I wa 11 years old. I have been wearing glasses for seeing to get around for about 13 years. I had my sight test in December and the optician told me to come back in 2 years. Suddenly I am peering, squinting and unable to focus on anything at a comfortable reading distance. Hmm? Answer change #14, have your eyes tested when you need to, not just when the optician tells you when to come back!
  1. No alcohol – clear glass, clear head, clear skin
  2. Mindful eating – starting to enjoy cooking again, interesting
  3. Daily body scan – in touch with my poor aching body, but at the end of my meditation Jon says I should congratulate myself on taking the time to take care of myself, so this is an improvement for me
  4. Charity shop shopping – bought some books, need to sort out taking some in
  5. Mindful breathing every hour – isn't breathing a wonderful thing, we should respect it much more
  6. Remembering my friends – and looking forward to seeing more of them
  7. Smiling regularly – and laughing out loud too. Tried laughing in the car for no reason other than to laugh, I rather enjoyed it
  8. Help if and when I can – might need to be more realistic at times
  9. Italian conversation class – have a recommendation for the BBC cd's, might investigate the cost
  10. Becoming a blogger – well, I'm still here
  11. Writing 10 mins daily – produced a poem for the weekend. Might find a way to add stuff to the blog?
  12. Drinking a glass of water every hour – clear glass, clear head, clear skin
  13. Thinking about it, before I say yes or no – I'm not sure which is easier - Yes or No. 'Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.' W. Clement Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment